Dumping memory crash

Closed
nina - Mar 31, 2012 at 11:51 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 31, 2012 at 04:07 PM
Hello,

Please help me... I have an acer that I am fixing for a friend, he just got a new hard drive and I installed windows 7 (same as what he had before) the instalation went perfect, other than I had to call microsoft because the instalation wouldn't take his product key.. I did updates and then went to acer to get drivers etc.. After everything was done, I had it off and when I went to reboot it, it went to windows then a blue box came up saying it was dumping.

Now all I get is a black screen, most times I can't get into even the bios.. It won't let get to the windows screen, so I was going to do a fresh format again and yesterday it was doing it and when it rebooted as it will.. when it turned on again I just got a black screen.. Can someone please help me.. I can't do anything with it.

Acer 5551

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 31, 2012 at 04:07 PM
If you can't get into the BIOS I suspect a failed or failing motherboard. You should be able to get into the BIOS with only Memory and a video card connected. Why was the hard drive replaced?