Excel Macro - Set and autofill a range?

Closed
Moose - Apr 25, 2012 at 01:38 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Hello,

I recorded a macro for excel and part of the code is to create an index column that fills the cell with a row count (i.e. A2=1, A3=2, etc.) based on the data in Column B). The macro recorded and worked perfectly, however when I try to use it on another file, the macro runs into a problem because each file doesn't have the same amount of filled rows to count. How can I modify the code below to adjust to any excel file I open regardless of how many rows of data there are?

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Index"
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.Copy
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"
Range("A3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "2"
Range("A2:A3").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A2:A295324")
Range("A2:A295324").Select
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.