Devices not working when booting up

Closed
Zabaan Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012 - May 8, 2012 at 08:53 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 8, 2012 at 09:04 PM
Hello,

Im having a problem with my devices ( mouse, keyboard, monitor etc.). Very rarely do my devices work or start up when I turn my pc on. The only thing that is turned on and runnning is my pc. I have checked to see if everything is properly attached including the devices listed above. Is there something wrong with my pc or monitor or any of my devices? (I think that it is my pc because it's either all devices work, or they all don't work at the same time. They never differ from each other. I also don't have access to starting my computer because even if it occasionally starts up with the other devices, I have another problem, but I can deal with that if I can get my pc to start up) thanks a bunch ;)

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 8, 2012 at 09:04 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Try resetting your BIOS settings.

Turn off your PC and remove the power chord --> Open the cabinet --> Remove

the CMOS battery for 15-30 minutes and then put it back properly. Now plug the

power cord back in and switch ON your PC.

Click on the below hyperlink "CMOS Battery" if you don't have any idea about the

CMOS battery

CMOS Battery

If the problem still exist, click on the below link and follow the instructions in

"Hardware Reset".

https://ccm.net/faq/1192-lost-bios-password-resetting-the-bios

Good Luck