To many usb devices connected

Closed
RobbieOaks1111 - Jul 7, 2019 at 02:40 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 8, 2019 at 12:30 PM
Hello, I am writing you this message for a reason, because I can no longer access my PlayStation 4 console at all.

My sister was charging her controllers one day and the controller brought up something we had never seen before, a error message saying "To Many USB Devices Connected."

- This brought up some real confusion.

- While the controller still connected via Bluetooth, I was stupid enough to go into settings and mess around.

- I ended up resetting the console settings back to default.

- This did not work, instead, brought me to the PlayStation 4 setup screen prompting me to connect the PlayStation 4 Controller via USB Cable.

- Doing so did not help as I still got the "To Many USB Devices Connected." error message, now my sister can't charge, connect or even play any of her PlayStation 4 games.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 8, 2019 at 09:07 AM
It appears that the usb cable has been inserted upside down. The usb port maybe possibly damaged.

Start the ps4, and once it has booted, pull the power plug. Now remove all usb cables. Restart the ps4. It will give ypu a warning about needing to rebuild index. Let it.

Now take a look at the usb port, amd cable. Notice on the cable there is a diagram of a USB connection. That diagram should alwaus be facing up when placed into the port. It is possible ypur sister has forced the cable in upside down. You should be able to connect the cable, and the controller now.
RobbieOaks1111 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 7, 2019 Status Member Last seen July 8, 2019
Jul 8, 2019 at 11:01 AM
Thank you so much for your response, as should be noted, the USB has been inserted correctly each time. When plugging USB in, it saids "to many usb devices connected" and now it won't let me reconnect my controller and I'm stuck onscreen of the ps4
Blocked Profile
Jul 8, 2019 at 12:30 PM
Well. My duaghter did the same thing, except was plugging the cord in uoside down. Now that the index has been rebuilt, and she knows how to place the cord in, we dont see that error any more. Perhaps your console has a different issue and you need to send it to sony for a fix of my suggestiin didnt work!!

Btw the controller can be charged on any usb cord, it doesnt have to be charged by the console, if ypu are finding it is not charging.