No audio after various options tried

Closed
evra11 - May 17, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 17, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Hello,

my problem began by turning off computer during shutdown as it was taking ages to update. when i turned on cpu again it kept rebooting. I then re-installed windows xp. since then everything works perfectly except audio.
ive followed numerous advice on net such as installing realtek driver/ checking that windows audio is on etc, when i click on properties on all sound related option its says ''working perfectly etc. the sound icon on bottom right isnt there and the option to select is greyed out saying '' no audio device'' , ive reinstalled audio and checked for hardware updates. im using a HP pavillion A1000 with windows xp home edition. would really appreciate some help. id rather have audio on my computer than any other option ie internet/games etc.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 17, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Greetings,

I have one suggestion which you should try.

Go to your device manager and locate your sound card. Delete the sound card and restart your computer. Windows should detect as new hardware installed. Then you reinstall the driver and it should be okay.

Good luck and may you be in heaven 5 minutes before the devil knows you're dead.