HP Pavillion g6 Laptop displays hard disk err

Closed
Vs123 - 22 May 2012 à 20:18
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 24 May 2012 à 05:35
Hello,


I have a 7 month old hp pavillion g6 laptop. I haven't used the laptop a lot, besides some data entries in Excel. I have not downloaded many programs or anything else on this laptop. There's already a anti-virus installed on it, so the laptop is not affected by viruses.
The problem: When I try to turn it on, it displays there is no hard disk. (When there's already a hard disk on the laptop). I kept my laptop turned off for a week, and after that I tried to turn it back on. It worked perfectly fine for 5 minutes, and than it automatically showed a message saying Hard Disk Error. When I tried to turn it back on, now it displays no boot up.
Can You please help me figure out what the problem is?
Do i really have to send it to HP, and get it fixed? If yes, will that be covered in the warranty (as I still have the warranty left for next couple months)?

Related:

3 responses

Check the drive, there is ussual a rectangular panel on the bottom, or a big singuar panel. Check for a Piece of hardware that has a circle on it (Unless it has a SSD.
Vs123 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday 23 May 2012 Status Member Last seen 23 May 2012
23 May 2012 à 17:52
so what do i do once, i see dat circle on it?
Vs123 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday 23 May 2012 Status Member Last seen 23 May 2012
23 May 2012 à 17:52
so what do i do, once i see that piece of hardware with a circle on it sir?
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
24 May 2012 à 05:35
Hello,

It's obviously a HD technical failure that only a qualified hands on technician can attend too.

Your lap is under warranty, I suggest that you return it before it's too late.

Regards