Can't boot windows for reinstallation

Closed
yelloe - May 23, 2012 at 03:27 AM
 yelloe - May 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hello,

i have this serious problem and wish somebody could help me resolve this..i wish to reformat and reinstall windows 7 starter to my computer. its been a while already since i've noticed my pc does'nt work properly, very slow performance, always gets hang and so that why i decided that might reformating can help fix my computer. i am not really into particular with system troubleshooting i only depend my knowledge searching through net.

i have a genuine dvd installer for windows 7 starter (borrowed from a friend), i searched deeply through net how to install and reformat and found some from youtube. i shut down to notes all the information there and performed it by myself. i first inserted the cd installer and restarted, when it came up to the boot menu, there it appears on screen ;

== select a boot first device ==

-> REMOVABLE
- floppy disk
-> HARD DISK
- ch2 M.: Maxtor Stm *******
- bootable add-in cards
-> CD ROM
-> USB-CD ROM
-> LAN

I chosed then the "CD ROM". knowing then also from others that there must have appeared there a "DVD/CD ROM" and select but theres non. after i selected it (CD-ROM), i clicked enter then wait to load, the problem then arises.. the system loaded just like its normal loading condition as to start the system up. it never initiated any installation process.
from there i assumed that my dvd writer must have been defected, because i tried also other dvd's ,movie dvds ,cd's and others to the drive and it seemed never worked out, just nothings happened, nothings appeared on screen, no notification at all.

i might could have used an external dvd writer but i am trying to look for a solution to this without the use of any external alternatives because i dont have yet any external dvd writer to use.

anyone can help please?. this is my first to perform a reformat and i'd love to extend my knowledge through your help.. please any helpful information is very much appreciated. thanks ...
Related:

3 responses

pierre 78 Posts 346 Registration date Thursday October 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 4, 2013
May 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM
good morning

you press enter for boot the dvd windows 7 but Someone dvd windows no boot on someone computeur he can windows vista for boot In the worst

escuse me i am french It is for ca that I speak badly I learns englisch.
hi its ok if u don't speak well in english, i am a filipino and i also dont speak well in english i just tried my best to atleast explained in most possible way to understand my problem here..

though i don't really get what you are supposed me to do with your help but i appreciated it much for your time to at least post in reply for this thread..

thank you much..
(as of this moment i still hasn't yet able to resolve my problem)
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 23, 2012 at 02:03 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

You can install the Windows 7 using a USB Stick also.

Click on the below hyperlink "Installation" and follow the instructions

Installation

You can also find the video download option at the bottom.

Good Luck
hi
before anything else, i'd like to thank for your time to post in reply to my thread.

now, i hasn't actually performed yet any of the installation procedure because the link "installation you've given hasn't appeared a tutorial video concerning to the win7 installation using USB STICK, but there is some statement telling that the video helps on how to do this and that but i don't see any video, i assumed that the video must have been posted on top of the statement but i don't see any rather than a big blank space next down to "INSTALL MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT" . what i did then, rather, i searched it in youtube and found some videos there but i don't really understand how to do it, because i am currently using a windows 7 ultimate now and shame to say its not genuine, and so i decided to install and reformat my computer using a windows 7 starter since my friend has it,.

sorry but i am just confused about the procedures, is it applicable only when a computer has its existing windows and just systematically copy all the files to usb flash drive?.what about if just like what i've stated above, i wanted to install windows 7 starter and i couldn't just do so because my dvd drive cannot read the disk installer? what should i do then?. please help,i am not really a computer literate i just know the basic. i know i could have just get someone to fix this but i am trying really hard to avoid me getting spend and pay some cost..

i hope u can still send me more information regarding to this..i appreciated your help.
looking forward for your reply soon..
thanks.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 25, 2012 at 09:35 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
No need of installing the "INSTALL MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT" . If you scroll down there you can find the option as below
Downloads
Video: WMV | MP4
Audio: WMA | MP3

You can download the video and follow the instructions.
Good Luck
pierre 78 Posts 346 Registration date Thursday October 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 4, 2013
May 25, 2012 at 07:46 AM
i can speak That computure can't boot with seven because sector boot of seven is Badly made.
i can the computeur is the problem.
i I put vista for launch it is later seven with the touch "pause"
it tourn later.

good lucky
May 25, 2012 at 07:49 AM
I wanded speak

escuse me
hi,
i think i understand your first and second sentences, i appreciated, thank you.
anyway, yuh i guess its my computer now that has a problem, i think its totally damaged infected by virus. i just couldn't point it if its just a malware or a total strong virus. actually there are lot of symptoms already that causes the virus. (i just want to add up some of its caused problems,might you have a friend knows hot to fix it manually)

- one of the usb port doesn't work anymore.(appeared to be malfunctioned)
- later on time while using my computer, maybe 3-4 hours the space bar wont work then. (idk)
- the local disk C: space memory is slowing down (decreasing) everytime i connect to the
internet.
- and as mentioned already, my dvd drive can no longer read or detect any disc.

hope you can help me to determine what is really going on to my computer. i am really worried now.
thank you..