Virus preventing access to internet

Solved/Closed
lalalalala - Jun 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 15, 2012 at 03:32 PM
Hello,

My computer has a virus that is preventing me from accessing the internet. When I try to do so a warning comes up from a fake virus protection software saying "Warning message from your Internet browser. This page is under virus attack. This may crash your system." From what I can gather, the program is called Security Shield and has added a red cross shield and green shield to the taskbar in the bottom right-hand corner. Every so often a message comes up saying it's found "harmful software" too.

What do I do?

Many thanks!!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Jun 15, 2012 at 05:08 AM
Please follow the following procedure carefully and to the letter.

You have a rogue virus Trojan Horse which is self protective, thus it will prevent any antivirus from fonctionning.

You must kill the evil processes which the virus is presently running amd preventing you from running any antivirus. If you don't it will keep reproducing the files for ever.

To kill the processes:

First boot in safemode with networking you should then be able to access Internet.

1. Download to your desktop and run Rogue Kill:

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

2. You should now see a window that shows all of your desktop icons, including the rkill.com program.

3. Double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with the Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step.

If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by the Horse when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate the processes . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

As a matter of a fact, if you get messages, it is a sign that the virus is agonizing with excrutiating pain, so you can just grin while it is suffering!:)))

Please, DO NOT REBOOT your computer or the processes will come back to haunt you!

Download to your desktop Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once on your desktop, we must still outwit the virus.

Right click on the MBAM icon and click on rename. Rename it kioskea.exe.

Install Malwarebyte and launch it. From the second tab, update it.

Pretty please, request a FULL system scan which should take more than hour. Once the scan is finish, delete all of item that were found.

Let me know
That worked. Thanks very much!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Jun 15, 2012 at 03:32 PM
You are totally welcome...pay to the next!