Cannot connect to internet after Malwarebyte

Closed
Booster - Feb 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM
julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 - Feb 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Hello,
After running Malwarebyte Anti Malware this morning my computer has been on an absolute fritz. I have Windows XP.

I can no longer connect to the internet despite my connection being fine (currently I'm using my wireless laptop). I tried running a connection diagnostic, but it just closed as soon as I hit 'next.'

Everytime I open a folder, or change folders, Internet explorer launches, or launches a new tab if it's already open.

Most programs seem to open except for some odd reason DVDShrink.

I'm not particuarly tech savy. Anything else I can tell that will help with this problem?
Related:

1 response

julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 1
Feb 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Install the driver again, this might be a malware that directly attacked the driver of the folder for the drive. In any case you can first run a scan and then just install the driver again. As you told me that you are tech savy I imagine that you will know how to do it, simple.

If this does not work let me know we will try to find another cause of the problem