Built-in microphone suddenly not working

Closed
masterfisword Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2012 - Jul 16, 2012 at 08:13 PM
Samysweetheart Posts 3 Registration date Sunday July 22, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2012 - Jul 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Hello,

One day my built-in mic worked, the next day it didn't. I have a Fujitsu AH532 laptop with Windows 7 and it uses RealTek HD Audio.
I've already try reloading the drivers from the Fujitsu website and I've already tried going through the Audio devices settings and making sure that nothing is muted as well. Oddly, the the laptop does acknowledge that there is a microphone plugged in, it just doesn't seem to pick up any sounds. Also, I don't know if this is a glitch or if it's normal, but I noticed that when I shuffle between the tabs for the microphone, the bars actually show green as if there were sounds picked up (but there aren't any sounds). I've checked the device manager and there doesn't seem to be any issues there. I'm basically at my wit's end for what the problem

I just got this laptop a week ago so I can't really imagine that it would be a hardware problem (especially since I've been very careful when handling it), but I have no idea what it is. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you all in advance!

1 response

Samysweetheart Posts 3 Registration date Sunday July 22, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I have the same laptop with the same problem.. and I don't know what to do. It says that everything is installed correctly but I have the wrong device selected as my default and that's why my mic isn't working. The only problem is, I can't make the correct device the default one because it won't display that option. I've posted questions on tons of websites for this problem and I'm not getting any feedback from anyone. The only thing left that I think I should do is call Microsoft for Technology support and see if they can help me. The only thing I can think of for you to do for your issue is to reset your computer to the default factory settings. Hope I helped!