Laptop went wrong

Closed
little miss sunshine - Jul 23, 2012 at 03:38 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 23, 2012 at 03:49 PM
Hello,
My dell laptop first of all didn't want to let me past the screen with the options start windows normally etc,so i reinstalled windows, then the screen went huge. it won't connect to the internet. I can't change Tue screen size as the resolutions just make it bigger (no scrolled to edit size). It also doesnt give me the option to do a factory reset under the options. If anyone can help will be much appreciated :)
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 23, 2012 at 03:49 PM
Did you try F12 after you see the Del logo. But, before you see the Windows splash screen. That should display the restore options.

You might have reformatted the hard drive during the Windows install and lost the restore partition. So you may not have the factory restore option anymore.

You probably need new video drivers since Windows may be using the default VGA drivers with a 600x800 display size. The drivers can be downloaded from the Dell support site. Since you also need the network drivers I suggest you use another PC for the download. Copy the drivers to a CD or use a flash drive to transfer them to the Dell. Then install them from the external medium. After a few restarts you should be back to normal.

Good Luck