Cant restore my Vista

Closed
mark1986 Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2012 - Jul 30, 2012 at 03:25 PM
vishal_s Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012   - Jul 31, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hello, I have a Windows Vista run PC. It crashed and I tried restoring it but its always saying Incomplete and doesn't load my profile. When I tried to run restore again it doesn't any more. I can down load files but it I cant run them....I have checked my pc for virus and it does have enough storage space. I tried downloading a startup repair for Vista but it wouldnt open it and I tried put that start up on a flash drive and a CD and the same problem happened..

Thanks

1 response

vishal_s Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012  
Jul 31, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hi mark

My name is Vishal and i work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It appears that you are having issues with your user profile not loading properly. As you mentioned that you are able to download files but unable to run them, is it that the system gives you some choices to choose from whether which application do you wish to open the file with? If yes, then its possible that the issue is with the file association type. Have you tried turning ON the system in safe mode with networking to check if you have the issue in safe mode as well. It would be great if you can tell me which type of file is it that you're trying to open?

Thanks
Dell-Vishal S
Social Media Responder