Computer is messed up

Closed
madman - Feb 8, 2009 at 03:39 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 8, 2009 at 03:58 PM
hi i need some help with my computer.. k i turned it on today and logged on and nothing pops up on the desktop, nothing but my documents, i have no task bar and i have to access everything through my documents. I cant get nothing to pop up on the desktop. Can anyone please help me

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 8, 2009 at 03:58 PM
This sounds like a virus attack. You can get the desktop back by doing the following. It's only a temp fix you must use an anti-virus removal program to fix the source of the problem.

The best way to get back on your feet is by pressing ctrl-alt-del. That will bring up the Task Manager. (In some cases it brings up the Windows Security dialog, but you can click on the Task Manager button from there to go where we need to be.)

Once in the Task Manager, make sure you are on the "Processes" tab and then click on "File" in the Task Manager menu. Then select "New Task (Run...)" and type "explorer.exe" (without the quotes) in the "open" field. Then click ok and watch a new incarnation of your desktop come to life in front of your eyes.