Certain internet services not working

Closed
Networker Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2012 - Aug 5, 2012 at 05:28 AM
Networker Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2012 - Aug 5, 2012 at 06:37 AM
Hello

I am experiencing issues with my pc's internet connection:
- I am unable to load some websites
- Some websites comments load very slow
- I am unable to connect to certain internet services such as Skype

My other computers linked to the same connection are not having these issues. This is a just finished home-built pc with windows 7 freshly installed. The issues were present from the very start (just after installing windows).

I've already tried troubleshooting my way through these issues before, however, I did not end up with a solution. The troubleshoot can be found here http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/thread...rvices.128242/ I have already tried some of these things:
- Scanning for malware
- Using same security settings for firewall/AV as I do for the pc's working
- Scanning network

I have not tried the Google DNS service recommended though. Should I do that, or is there another solution to my problems?

Help is appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 5, 2012 at 06:12 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Let me know the amount of RAM you have. Does the problem exists in every browser?
Good Luck
Networker Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2012
Aug 5, 2012 at 06:37 AM
I have 8 gb of RAN, and yes, the problem exists in IE, Chrome and Firefox.