Black screen of death on Toshiba laptop

Closed
Kunaiechi Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday August 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2012 - Oct 11, 2012 at 04:42 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 12, 2012 at 03:59 AM
Hello, so as the title suggest I have the dreaded black screen of death on my Toshiba satellite C675D-S7109 (I want to completely factory reset out of the box settings)
Now some back story, it was working fine the night before I accidently left it on when I went to sleep and came back tried doing anything on it, it was on youtube and it was really slow I reset it and it was really slow wouldnt let me open anything something wrong with an explorer file? I couldnt even reset it. So I did a hard shut off and turned it back on into a black screen, it does a windows is loading files for a bit, than a regular windows loading screen and it just shows a larger than normal white mouse and a black screen, I tried doing ctrl alt delete but no dice. so I reset it and instead go to safety mode, by continuously pressing f8. (Thatt brings up a bunch of options but not factory reset) but that didnt even show safety mode on the sides.
And yeah, I used to be able to open up ctrl alt delete on safety mode and last known good configuration. But they wont anymore maybe I have to wait longer to do it but I dont know. But when I could open up ctrl they gave me some options but only for somethings, not factory resety and they didnt work I believe. Is there any way to factory reset it? Can I download a windows 7 recovery disc and burn it into a cd with factory reset option on it? Any help would be greaty appreciated

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 12, 2012 at 03:59 AM
Hi

Here is how to reset your Toshiba:

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Good luck