Internet connectivity problems w/i software

Closed
rtc1Kloskea - Feb 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM
kirikou44 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2009 - Feb 11, 2009 at 01:24 AM
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion PC, I am able to surf the internet without problem via modem directly or via the router, but when I open any installed software that requires internet access within the software (e.g., Microsoft Word clicking on Help, Quicken 2009 connecting to www. quicken.com), I get an error message that I'm not connected to the interent. Both my security and privacy are set to Medium. I have Symantec Antivirus and have uninstalled the Norton Internet Security after the trial period.

On the Quicken website ( https://web.intuit.com/support/browsertest when I try to verify that my Web browser includes the proper encryption, I get the error message that Internet Explorer can not display the webpage. When I run the Windows connectivity diagnostics, I get the message: "Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with Qtestpage.intuit.com (280.240.240.2) Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response."

When I check the IP address configurations of my network card, the IPV4 IP Address is: 192.168.2.4 (obtained automatically; when I try to set it to 192.168.2.1, it tells me there is a systems conflict with another computer with same IP address). The IPV4 Default Gateway/DHCP Server/DNS Server are all set to my router: 192.168.2.1

Internet Explorer > Properties > Connections > LAN Settings > Automatically detect settings option is already checked.
Related:

1 response

kirikou44 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2009 1
Feb 11, 2009 at 01:24 AM
hi,
try to repair your Windows using the installation CD.
or you may try to ownload the Windows Explorer Repair software.
get it through this link:
http://www6.simple-pc-help.com/?tdfs=0&kw=Electronics+Repair&term=Electronics%20Repair%20Services&term=Electronics%20Warranty%20Plans&term=IT%20Support%20Helpdesk&backfill=0