Windows 7 realtek sound issues.

Closed
GGale Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2012 - Nov 29, 2012 at 05:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 30, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Hello,

To start of I'm running a AMD Athlon II X4 645 CPU on a Aspire X1420G mainboard, with 8Gb of ram running Windows 7 64bit.

The issue is after I put this pc together and installed all the drivers I noticed that the sound didn't work. It told me that I had nothing plugged into the jack which I did. so I fooled around with the Realtek HD audio manager and found that if I went to the connector settings and clicked on "Disable front panel jack detection" when I did that, I could then put my speaker plug into front speaker jack and I got sound. However I am only getting sound from the left channel.

On top of all of this it seams none of my other mic speaker or line out jacks are working. Any idea what could be wrong with the sound on this mainboard? I have ordered a sound card to put into this but if I could get the onboard sound working I would like to return the sound card.

Thank you,
Grant

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 29, 2012 at 07:59 AM
Hi Grant,

This problem might happen if the Audio Drivers are not properly installed or are corrupt. I am sure when you had put this computer back together you installed the drivers in the correct order. Most of the PC manufacturers have a specific order of driver installation that must be followed for the hardware components to work correctly. Also the computer should be restarted during driver installation as and when prompted, this will ensure after installation changes are in effect. Further, a corrupt Audio Driver can also sometimes cause the jacks to malfunction. Uninstall any instance of Realtek HD audio and then try to reinstall afresh. You can download the driver from the manufacturer's website or from Realtek's website.

Do reply with results.
GGale Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 at 05:59 PM
So I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them with no luck. I have tried using older versions of the drivers to see if is was just a compatibility issue however I only tried one older copy. Any other ideas would be greatly appropriated.

Thanks,
Grant
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 30, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Hi Grant,

After all the troubleshooting we have done, it seems the issue is with the hardware, but before you replace any parts as a last steps I would suggest do update the system BIOS and the chipset drivers as this might fix any issues with the motherboard (if any).

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell