Dell Inspiron/Magnavox HDTV Audio Problem

Closed
toadman63 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2012 - Nov 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM
JPWilliams37 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2013 - Aug 5, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Hello,
I just purchased a new (cheap) Magnavox HDTV and am trying to get sound from my Dell PC via HDMI connection. I get a great picture, but the audio continues to be the audio supplied via the component video connections on the TV. In other words, even though I change the input on the TV to the correct HDMI input, I get the PC picture on screen, but the audio reverts to the component input audio. I tried all of the config settings and they all seem to be correct, yet no audio thru the PC. HELP please?

Related:

1 response

JPWilliams37 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2013
Aug 5, 2013 at 06:04 PM
I thought I tried everything as well, updating drivers, downloading new BIOS, download new CODECs, etc. I pinned it down to my PC as my HDMI cable worked fine with my cable box and so did my TV. This is what finally worked for me.

Go to Control Panel > System > Device Manager and then under "Sound, video and game controllers" I had that following two items - "High Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". I double clicked on "High Definition Audio Device" then clicked on the "Driver" tab and then I "Uninstalled Driver". Then I restarted my PC and upon doing that it automatically downloaded the Driver again.

After this I opened a video file and the audio was coming from my PC. Then I plugged in my HDMI cable and the audio continued to come from my PC. So then I right clicked on the volume control in the lower right hand corner and selected "Playback devices". Then I clicked on Digital Audio (HDMI) and then clicked Set Default. As soon as I hit okay then sound started to come out of my TV instead of my PC. Problem was FINALLY solved!

I hope this helps someone else that thinks they did everything just as I did. Cheers!