Please .help . sata harddrive not detected

Closed
fauzandi12 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2013 - Jan 7, 2013 at 02:03 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 7, 2013 at 04:42 AM
Hello,

i begin instal windows 8 . first i choose the partition hardisk. and i format it.
but the setup wasnt complete. maybe the file is corrupt ,

and i asked by my pc to restart the pc

but when i instal the windows 8 again. the pc doesnt find any hard drive

in bios the sata 1 device is cd room, and sata 2 not detect.
how can i instal the operating system?

in bios my hdd is not detect

thnx

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 7, 2013 at 02:50 AM
Hi fauzandi12,

Thanks for the detailed description of the problem. As you mentioned, the Hard Drive is not detected in the BIOS, it could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself. Let's first try to fix the Hard Drive and then we will proceed to the installation of the Operating System. Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this fixes the problem:

1. Load the BIOS defaults and restart.
2. Check if the Hard Drive is detected in the BIOS now.
3. If the Hard Drive is still not detected, reseat the Hard Drive Cables and check again.
4. If the Hard Drive is not detected in step 3, swap Hard Drive cable with Optical Drive or vice versa and then check again.
5. If the Hard Drive is still not detected in the BIOS after performing steps from 1 through 4, replace the Hard Drive cable and check.

NOTE: Perform the steps from 2 through 5 only if you are comfortable working with internal components of the computer otherwise take a technician's help. Further, before you open the chassis remove any power connections from the computer; also any connected devices should be removed. After removing power connections and external devices press and hold the Power Button for 10-15 seconds to release any Flea Power in the computer.

Do reply with results.
fauzandi12 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 at 03:30 AM
thanx zohaib

i only did step 1 . becouse i am not understand with internal component in the computer

but it didnt change everthing

i think the problem is not physical problem, becouse

before i format the partition hardisk ( while install windows 8) the disk is detected (about 2 hours ago) .

and after i format the hardisk , the bios cant found the sata (only detect my cd room)

now ,in my pc there is not operating system. (windows 8 instal failed)
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 7, 2013 at 04:42 AM
Hi fauzandi12,

Sometimes stored static electricity can cause some components not to function correctly. To remove any static electricity from the computer, remove any power connections from the computer; also any connected devices should be removed. After removing power connections and external devices press and hold the Power Button for 10-15 seconds and then check if the Hard Drive is detected.

Hard Drive not getting detected in BIOS is most of the time a Hardware issue. As mentioned earlier, please try taking a technician's help to reseat the internal components. Also in your reply please include the computer configuration, including the Hard Drive size.

Please do write back to us.