My MacBook cannot read my Transcend StoreJet 25S3

Closed
knford - Updated on Dec 19, 2018 at 09:53 AM
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 - Mar 10, 2017 at 04:53 AM
Hello,

I'm using a MacBook Pro. It's already updated to OS X El Capitan (version 10.11.3). I just bought my new hard drive but my Mac is unable to read it.

It doesn't pop out on my finder, desktop, and even at my disk utility.

Please help me!
Related:

1 response

Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Updated on Dec 19, 2018 at 09:56 AM
Solution 1:-
  • Go to Settings > Finder Preferences. Under the General tab, select External drive in Show these items on the desktop.

Solution 2 :-
  • Go to Disk utility and select the external drive from the left sidebar. Choose verify disc. It will find and correct minor errors.

Solution 3:-
  • If you are connecting your external hard drive with Mac using USB Hub, check the USB hub first.

Solution 4:-
  • Open Disk Utility. If your external USB drive drive faded/grayed out and un-mountable, connect another external drive or Pen drive to computer.

If this drive also not recognized drive, do the proper eject from the Finder window list. Restart your computer and connect the external drive.

Solution 5:-
  • From the Finder menu, select Go to Finder.
  • Type the external drive path what appears under Disk Utility. Ex: /Volumes/sleekdisk

Solution 6:-
  • Drive not showing up in Finder but visible in Disk Utility?
  • Go to Finder window and view below the favorite list. If the drive greyed Out? Select the drive. It might visible.

Solution 7 :-
  • Shut down your Mac computer .
  • Unplug the power cord.
  • Unplug all USB connections.
  • Wait 30 seconds or 5 minutes then plug it back in.
  • Then turn on your MacBook Pro or iMac.
  • Plug the external drive only to the USB port. Open Finder and check your drive.

Solution 8:-
  • Install and run run Onyx (maintenance freeware) or run Kext_Utility.app.v2.6.1 and restart your Mac machine.

Solution 9:-
  • Some times this issue might happened because of the unsupported drive format.
  • Install Fuse for OS X, NTFS-3G for Mac OS X and Fuse wait .
  • Restart your computer and check the issue.

Hope that helps!