Registration date
Sunday June 9, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 11, 2013
- Updated on Dec 21, 2018 at 04:18 AM
 TheMONster - Nov 22, 2017 at 04:14 AM
Hi everyone,

When pressing the power switch, my computer successfully opens and fans works fine. I cleaned the interior parts filled with dust but no usual beep sound heard in startup. No display either. Then, after a few seconds (maybe like 5-10 sec), computer closes and starts again. This process happens again and again until I remove the power cord.

May be, there is a problem in my CMOS battery, processor, videocard or PSI. I don't want to assume so I can make a sure decision for my computer. I am a college student and have less knowledge with computers.

Please help!

5 replies

jack4rall
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Updated on Dec 21, 2018 at 04:20 AM
Hello,

Please follow these steps:
  • First you need to check your RAM.
  • Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM results in such problems.
  • If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the display. If the problem still exists then change the slot.
  • If the problem still exists then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck!
janica05
Registration date
Sunday June 9, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 11, 2013

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Thank you for being such a hero :) my computer works perfectly fine now. Thank you again :D
Berto78 > janica05
Registration date
Sunday June 9, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 11, 2013

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM
so what thing that cause of it? are replacing and removing dust from RAM is ?the best solution? I'm having quite same problem with yours here,
hi people,i have a problem my laptop has a hard start and it takes time to switch on and off. what could be the problem?
hey
your Ram Slot Open clean dust then you are open your laptop and insert Cd Disk in your pc. Go to boot option than select the first boot CD Rom and go to Save and Exit setting Than go to boot override option and click Cd Than repair Your pc.
I think Its will be Work.Try it
udayteja
Registration date
Friday December 5, 2014
Status
Last seen
December 6, 2014

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM
thanks for ur suggestion....