Cd rom does not recognize cd

Closed
Royal Diamond Posts 16 Registration date Sunday January 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2015 - Jan 20, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 21, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Hello,

helow i have a problem about 3 weeks.my cd rom was working properly but sudenly now it does not show cd and show the message"insert discs in it" although cd rom has a cd.it show it light .i already update the driver and also clean the lens. my laptop is of del company with window 7. i had tried difrent cd's and dvd's but cd rom does not recognize. plz tel me proper methed to solve this problem
THANKS

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 21, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Hi Royal Diamond,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this fixes the problem:

1. Run Optical Drive Troubleshooter from Windows 7 Troubleshooter. MS Fix it : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970908/how-to-use-microsoft-easy-fix-solutions
2. If the Optical Drive is not working after running the MS Fix it, run PC Dr. / ePSA / Dell 32 Bit Dell Diagnostics on Optical drive. If test fails, Replace Optical Drive else, follow next steps.
3. Download and Install the Latest BIOS from support site. Restart the system.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Do reply with results.