Linksys won't work

Closed
cm - Feb 14, 2009 at 02:34 PM
 thebus61 - Dec 21, 2009 at 07:32 PM
Hello,
I have the linksys router also and have spent at least 10 hours on tech support over 3 days they cannot get this to work.

It works fine if I am connected via the ethernet wire but the moment I unplug it my computer can't find the router or just won't connect. It seems to work in other rooms in my house but not the room I want to use it in.

There is only a TV and dvd player, comcast box in that room what would interfere with the signal

linksys cannot help me.

cm

2 responses

It will work hardwired for the internet perfectly!! I had to reinstall program and lists linksys as default with 0 signal or info behind it!! I can not even click on the easy secure button
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2009 at 04:03 PM
You get no wireless connection in the same room as the transmitter? If the problem was in another room then it could be one of these things: A wireless phone using 2.4 Ghz can interfere with your wifi signal. You could have plaster walls with metal lath in that room. That creates a "Faraday Cage" that blocks the radio signal.