Gateway M-6750 does not start up.

Closed
vethost Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2013 - Feb 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM
OddJobFixer Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2014 - Sep 9, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Hello,

My laptop, Gateway M-6750, does not start up. Maybe the battery is dead? Does anyone know or have a good idea of what the issue may be? Please let me know if you have found a fix for this problem of not turning on.

Thanks.

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 6, 2013 at 07:11 AM
Hi vethost,

Please try the below mentioned simple steps and check if this fixes the problem.

1. Power off the computer.
2. Disconnect all power connections to the computer.
3. Remove all peripherals and external devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release. This will release any Flea Power or Static Electricity stored in the computer.
5. Put the connections back and check if the issue still remains.

Do reply with results.
OddJobFixer Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2014
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:17 PM
My Gateway laptop computer with the push button on the hinge would not come on, but I found a solution that fixed the problem even after I was told by "Best Buy," that they would fix my computer for $400 dollars and "Office Depot," wanted $300 dollars, and a local computer fix shop said it wasn't worth it to fix....All I did was to get a very pointed knife and push it into the crack of the button's side. This seemed to correct the problem right away. It must have reset the button in some way so the contact point was now touching another contact point inside......And before I did the above, I had tried the disconnect method and removing the battery to no avail....If you try the "pointed knife method", just be sure to unplug your computer first. But if your battery needs a charge to turn on your computer, then leave your computer plugged in, but be careful of an electrical shock if the knife point should happen to touch metal when you push it through the button's side. And never turn off your computer using the start up button. It will wear out the button faster, which is what I did.
OddJobFixer Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2014
Sep 9, 2014 at 02:57 PM
After I wrote the above about how I fixed my computer, I learned from the repair shop, that my computer probably has a short. So you should always unplug your computer after using it to prevent a fire if you are not around or at home. Then I would buy a new computer.....