Toshiba L455 won't start black screen

Closed
jjlk22 Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2013 - Feb 4, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 5, 2013 at 07:21 AM
Hello,
The kids pushed all the buttons several times, seems to be locked . I hear the fan, the CD Rom lights & turns, the power light & adapter lights come on. The screen upon holding down the f10 button screen flickers slightly. If I hold down the power button it will not power down I have to take the battery out to completely shut down, never did any of that before. I took the hard drive out & reseated it, I have tried just the battery & just the adapter. Help
Windows 7
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 5, 2013 at 07:21 AM
Hi jjlk22,

The symptoms you have mentioned (lights on the system coming but no video and system not powering off when holding the power button) indicates there might be a problem with the Power Sub-System or Video Sub-System. Try the below mentioned steps and check if the problem is fixed:

1. Remove AC Adapter and battery from the computer.
2. Remove any External peripherals from the machine.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
4. Re-connect the AC Adapter only and try to power on the computer.
5. Check if any difference is observed.
6. Try running the Built in Self-test for display (if any) provided by the manufacturer of the Laptop. (Refer to the Service manual)
7. Check Video on external Monitor, if available.
8. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the Notebook LCD, this indicates an issue with the Notebook LCD or the LCD cable.
9. Take a technician's help and try to reseat the LCD Cable. Refer to the Service Manual for detailed steps on how to reseat the LCD Cable.
10. If the Video is not available on external monitor as well this indicates a failure with the Video Chip on the motherboard.

Note: The steps above require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

Do reply with results.