Toshiba Satellite L655 sound not working

Closed
v_vexed Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2013 - Feb 4, 2013 at 06:06 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop that's about a year old, I was just using it normally but then one day I went to use it and the sound wasn't working. I checked in control panel and set everything to default, checked the sound volumes and nothing was muted or low so now I'm out of ideas. I think the problem is with the sound driver but I'm not too sure. Also, I tried to watch some YouTube videos and the sound levels weren't showing up in the volume bar (like the green thing that reaches different levels depending on the sound that's playing) so I guess that means that the sound isn't being picked up by the laptop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First make sure that you have selected the correct playback device as default.

2) Reinstall your audio drivers once again. You can download the driver from your

manufacture's website. Click on the below hyperlink "Drivers" and follow the

instructions.

Drivers

Good Luck