Hanging laptop

Closed
enotronics Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2013 - Feb 26, 2013 at 02:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 28, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Hello,

pls, kindly help with possible solutions, My hp NC6120 starts up but hamgs after displaying the HP logo screen. but when cold could get to booting windows before hanging.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Tony nigeria.
Related:

2 responses

win2013 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 at 01:30 AM
Hi Tony:

Your question can get real deep for the answer, but here's what I do as a daily tune-up to my laptops (all Dells). A techie I know told me to do this daily:

1. Run Ccleaner. The free version is fine from www.piriform.com

I only download from Piriform site itself. I don't use any of the other links to it.

2. I use SpyBot - again go directly to: https://www.safer-networking.org/products/

The free version is fine. You can make a donation if you wish, but it is not required.

3. I go to C:, then right click to Properties, then select Disk Cleanup. I save each session to a file, just in case something goes wrong, then I can always be restored to the point I was at before anything goofy happened. I've never had to use the restore yet, but its good policy to keep a backup in case you need it. I keep the latest (2), then I delete the previous one's before them, otherwise you'll have a folder full of them. Make sure you date them so you'll know where you left off last.

4. I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus program for a long time, and it really does take care of potential viruses very well.

The bottom line is that you're probably loaded with malware, and you may have a virus. In Ccleaner I also use some of the "tools" within it, like Registry cleaner, Cleaner, and I use their Uninstaller, its much faster than the default Microsoft app in Windows. It loads the programs much faster, then you pick what you want to uninstall. I keep up on each of the programs I've listed above for their updates. I always choose for them to notify me automatically if there is an update ready for the particular app I'm using. Works fine! If you install any new "freebie" programs, just be very careful about selecting your download. They all try to load you with toolbars, this, that, and the kitchen sink if you don't pay close attention. They're tricky on purpose. This is why I suggest to only download from the particular program's homepage that you're interested in. All the other crap that download sites will try to sneak in on you will inevitably slow your pc down!

This above works fine for me. The best part is that they are all FREE 100%! I use to be a wholesale software distributor in the late 90's into 2000's. All the programs people buy & pay for are available FREE if they take the time to do good searches and just compare what they find.

Hope this helps you,
Win2013
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 28, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Hello

Can you boot in safe mode ?

P.S. Never use Spybot it's outdated and causes all kinds of problems.