Status
Last seen
March 2, 2013
-
 vermaarun -
Hello, greetings to all,

frnds

my laptop suddenly changed to black screen while I was using it

and whn I start the laptop again I hear the beep 8 beeps like teep teep teep....

I wonder if any1 could figure it out

thnx in advance

7 replies

Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi AmirHejazi,

I am glad to know the laptop has been fixed. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5489 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi ahmedi,

Answering your question about 8 beeps, it indicates LCD failure in Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop. It means there is some problem with the Laptop Screen.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request. I am sending you a private message as well. Respond to the message and provide the system's Service Tag so I may access your system records and check for further course of action.

Note: In case of expired warranty scenario, I would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.

MUHAMMAD WAQAS, in order to answer your question I would need a little clarification. Please reply if your question means, your computer was shut down automatically after you left it for 12 minutes unused in the night and it won't power on now.

Please do write back to us.

Hai zohaib
I had same prob no display and 8 beeps
This is second time I'm coming across
During first time bios setup will apear so gone to safe mode and run schedule scan of os drive.Problem solved for the moment and normal . When I ran diagnostics error came as 2000:0146 hard drive fail and occurred fault again
hi , friend, same here, when I plug it with external display, then its display is not much clear, plz let me know there islcd provlem or lcd video cable?

sir last night my laptop dell I see working and after 12 mints I am not tuch to keypad after my laptop offline mood so I try to shutdown and restart but he is not working plz help me
Registration date
Saturday June 8, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2013

Hi
I have the same problem with my dell 5010!
Last night I used the laptop and the battery discharged and the laptop was turned off!
after that when I plugged the laptop to AC power the orange Charge Led was blinking 3 times.
i removed the battery and unplugged the charger and held the power key for 30 seconds to discharge the capacitors .
after that I re-inserted the battery and plugged the ac adapter.
when I pushed the power key, the power led was turned on and the fan speed up and it was feasible to open the DVD tray when pushing the open key. and I heard 4 beeps.
i removed the ram and turned it on and I heard 2 beeps.
i also connected it an external monitor using a VGA blue cable.
but nothing was posted on start-up .
whats the problem?
can you help me to fix it?
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi AmirHejazi,

4 beeps at start-up on "Inspiron N5010" indicate Memory read/write failure. Correctly you removed the memory sticks for this situation. 2 beeps after removing Memory cards indicate No Memory (RAM) detected, which is normal. Next step is to try one memory module at a time in each slot. Did you try this? If yes, what was the result when trying the combination of memory modules in different slots?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Registration date
Saturday June 8, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 13, 2013

hi Dear Zohaib
I gave it to a repair shop and the repairman did a montage and a de-montage on the graphic chip. and I am posting this massage to you with my dell n5010 now.
he also replaced the ram with a new one and gave me the corrupted one!
thank you!
Shokrall lakom
I m also facing similar issue. My Dell inspiron 15 N5010 laptop screen suddenly went blank. When I start power button fan hdd running sound and cd/dvd also working but no display on screen. I have connected its vga from another monitor but no display on monitor. I have not getting any been sound. it just start but no display on screen.

Please suggest