-
Registration date
Monday February 11, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2014
-
Hello,

My laptop was on blank screen and cant be fixed anymore. Ive had the Hard drive removed and using an enclosure to see my folders on a Windows 8 new PC but I cant find the folders.

Please advise.

Thank you,

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi knudsenknudhorn,

From your post I understand that your computer was not detecting the Hard Drive so you removed the Hard Drive and you are now using an external USB connector to connect your Hard Drive to another PC. However, the PC is not showing the folders in this Hard Drive. To troubleshoot the situation, please ensure the Hard Drive is first detected in this PC (in Windows 8 PC in Device Manager and Disk Management). If the Hard Drive is detected but is not showing the folders only, please try with another PC which has an older Operating System such as Windows XP/Vista/7. If the Hard Drive is detected in the other PC then try to back up the data and then format and use it with your Windows 8 PC and check if it is detected now.

Do reply with results.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Monday February 11, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 15, 2014
In this case i would suggest you to connect your drive to another computer and there try to get back your all data. After retrieving the data format it. Then again you can connect it to your PC, this time may be your system will detect your drive.