RAHUL - Feb 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM
 Rahul - Feb 17, 2009 at 10:31 PM
Hello,

when i boot my computer it flashes a message
" boot failure"
press any key to continue...

then it never boots.

Earlier it was running windows vista.
it was running well. but suddenly in next boot it crashed. my bios boot order is 1) cd rom 2) floppy 3)hdd 4)network

i tried with new installation with vista and xp as well. but installation stoped as because hard disk was not found. and setup program stoped.
i open the computer and checked data cable and power cable. but nothing worked.

i checked BIOS advanced tab. where in drive configuration it showed " NOT INSTALLED".

thanks in advance.
rahul
Related:

3 responses

deane Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 2
Feb 17, 2009 at 02:08 AM
hi,
check the power cable as well; try another plug and make sure that it fixes tightly.
If two drives are connected to a port, make sure one is set as master and the other as Slave, or else both are set to Cable Select.
Check if your drive controllers on your motherboard are not disabled.
Go to the BIOS setup, and under the Integrated Peripherals menu, make sure that 'On Board HDC' is enabled for both Primary and Secondary channels.
you may as well put the BIOS to default settings.
Or you may try your hard disk in another computer as well, to see if it works.
problem .... still persists. i am having only one sea gate SATA hard disk and a cd rom. cdrom got detected.

i checked power cable and ide port , data cable properly.... not working.

in BIOS i dont have much option regarding drive configuration option. it is showing NOT INSTALLED in drive primary/secondary slot. and there is no option to change. i also tried with default settings to load ....not working.

thanks buddy
Blocked Profile
Feb 17, 2009 at 02:30 AM
No doubt about it, i am pretty sure your hard disk crashed but to be sure go and make a professional diagnostic of the problem.