Program's on computer not responding

Closed
Noidea Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2013 - Apr 11, 2013 at 05:40 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 11, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Hi my son's computer which he uses for gaming has stopped responding on the desktop. Neither the tool bar or the shortcuts to program's are working . The little "I'm thinking "circle spins continuously but goes nowhere. We have tried turning off and restarting. We have tried task manager in case something stuck.. Said toast not responding ..also then task manager not responding. At one point a windows security box popped up but never got message to screen..can only assume that it also stopped responding.
Did manage at one point to get norton to do a system scan..but then still no love.
Also considered that his computer is so chockers that it needed to be defragmented but can't get passed start menu .. There's that little circle again.
Has he managed to get a virus.. Can anyone help. Please..............

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 11, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Hi,

Try to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check. If the computer boots to the Safe Mode try performing a Clean Boot. To get the steps on how to perform a clean boot, check the below mentioned link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Hi thanks for prompt resonse . I have gone to safe mode and then systems config.. Did 1st step in services but now in startup I can not see task manager .. Start up is very busy with stuff from apple ( hp computer) , java, H P, intel google, Skype Steam etc .. Should I disable all of these as option is there or back away.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 11, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Hello

I would like to cooperate with my friend Zohaib on this issue.

I believe that we should check for viruses.

To help you and precribe a remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.

1. Boot in safemode with networking.

2. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.

3. Save the file on your Desktop.

4. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

5. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

6. Click on the eyedropper icon and ensure all of the items are checked.

7. Click on the Magnifying glass with the + sign and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

8. Close ZHPDiag.

9. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

10. Usually on your desktop or C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

11. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

12. Click on "upload »

13. Copy the url and post it here

Best regards

Ambucias
Moderator, Security Contributor