How to boost up my internet

Closed
joy - Feb 18, 2009 at 06:59 AM
 Ajoy - Jul 18, 2010 at 01:06 AM
Hello,
sir,
my name is mritunjoy and i am using broadband service of Sanhati infocom service private limited, Office address is 2, Devi Choudhurani Path, SAIL Co-operative housing complex, City Centre, Durgapur, District - Burdwan, PIN - 713216, West Bengal, INDIA. Registration No. - 27/OID/R-4/DGP-1/2005. they are providing with a speed of 64 kbps for Rs 500 per month for 100% personal use. when i am opening a page its taking time to open that page and if i am downloading any thing then it is downloading with a speed of 2 kbps and if more than one then 570 to 750 bytes per sec. i have done all the necessary things required to boost up but still no result. When i called them they said that it is the problem of your system even they said the same for my desktop.
sir kindly help me on this matter.

THANKING YOU
YOURS SINCERLY
MRITUNJOY
Related:

4 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:44 AM
well i dont know what u have done to try to boost the connection so i dont know what to suggest, what kind of modem do you have? Are any programs trying to use the internet at the same time. Is your computer just slow?
sir
i have received ur mail and i am giving all the required information :-
I am using compac laptop with intel celeron cpu 550 with 2.00 ghz and 1.5 gb of RAM. and 80 gb hard disk.
The connecton donot required any type of modem but it requires LAN CARD, so my net connection is releated to LAN CARD.
I have done the following jobs to boost up the speed of internet :-
1) i am using latest kaspersky internet security system, antivirus.
2) my system is not effected from any type of virus.
3) lots of space is there im my hard disk, nearly about 80% is empty in all partitions of Hard disk.
4) all partitions are defragmented.
5) i clear temporary internet files and clear history after i finish my work on internet.
6) and my system is quit fast as more than recomended

This are all the required information you have asked of.
kindly please help me to boost up my internet speed.
THANKING YOU
YOURS SINCERLY
MRITUNJOY
Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 19, 2009 at 09:05 AM
You have neglected to tell me how you get your internet though.
If you have a good computer, and no virus or anything like that, a good network card(have you checked that your network card is good enough??, and your internet provider is telling the truth about its supply to you, someone is hacking your connection and stealing bandwitdh.
mritunjoy Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2009
Feb 20, 2009 at 02:50 AM
sir,
I didnt get you what you have asked...
Kindly please be clear...
Thanking you
yours faithfully
mritunjoy
partha > mritunjoy Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2009
Sep 23, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Hi Mirtunjay,
I am Partha Kr. Karmakar from Bidhannagar.
I am using Sanhati connection since last 3years or above. Till date I have not faced any problem regarding speed. Its good.

May I ask you the telephone no. of Sanhati.
I would like to know the new tariff available right now.
Thanks & regards,
Partha Kumar Karmakar
Feb 20, 2009 at 03:55 AM
okay sorry i probably wasnt being clear enough. i asked because there are lots of different ways to get broadband DSL, etc, for instance i have a wireless solution meaning i have a dish on my house which needs to be in line of site of a tower, because i am too far away from the central exchange to get traditional broadband, this leaves me with the problem that if other people who live beside me use similar technology we have to split up the signal between us, meaning it gets slower. If you have a fiber optic or dsl (using a compressed signal down a old copper wire) you are probably fine but if you have a wireless router installed (for instance some providers here give you one when you sign up and if you dont use wirelss you just plug into the router (but it still has wireless capabilities) someone else could be hacking into you router and stealing your bandwitdh , i am not saying this is happening to you, but if your computer is good and you have a good lan card. Then its either the providers fault or something is eating into your bandwitdh, there isnt many other possibilities really
Dear Mritunjoy,
Me too from Durgapur, an X-user of Sanhati broadband. A couple of years ago, I faced the same problem. The problem is not due to any system [PC] error but from the service providers itself. They do not do their job properly. As you mentioned they use LAN card for the connection. Its true, practically we can say it a WAN connection to PCs, theoretically we can say it a virtual Modem i.e. your Ethernet card gets converted into a modem. Whatever they say is not always right. your download Speed is going down only due to their poor service. I am sure there is a connection problem between their terminals i.e. A hardware fault in their broadband line. I am a Computer Hardware professional and I have that experience.
My contact No. :9332469086