No icons only small screen saver

Solved/Closed
eckertd46 Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 - Apr 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 8, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Hello, I have a small screen saver that comes up but no icons when I start my laptop. It's a dell insperion windows 7 .I tried f8 and opposite click of the mouse I get no response at all

Regards
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 8, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Hi eckertd46,

Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Try to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics to determine if the failure is with any Hardware component in the computer. You can find steps on running Dell 32-bit Diagnostics from the below mentioned link:
http://dell.to/YEFoQd
2. If the Diagnostics returns any error code, please make a note of the same.
3. If all the tests in Diagnostics pass successfully, please remove "Flea Power" from the computer. To remove "Flea Power", disconnect the battery and AC Adapter from the computer and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds, reconnect the power source(s) and power on the computer.
4. If F8 does not work in "Step 3" load "BIOS Defaults" and restart the computer. To load BIOS Defaults power on or restart the computer and start tapping the F2 key when Dell Logo appears and then press the F9, after loading Defaults in BIOS press F10 key to save the settings and restart the computer.
5. After performing "Step 4", check if the computer boots normally. If not, try F8 options.

If any of the steps from above do not resolve the problem, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Dell Inspiron Laptop. Also, I would like to know if you have the Windows Disc or the Recovery Media.