Power button not responding although motherboard led in on

Closed
swtkiller Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2013 - May 15, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Shock!, today i returned from college and powered my computer on and after the windows logo in went blank and the pc shuts down by itself. As the smps power button was still on the motherboard leds were on bt the power button shows no sign of powering on the system. The power button lights ain't getting on and only the motherboard lights are on and the systems not starting. The monitor too doesn't display anything. Please suggest me guys what should i do ?, lot of thanks to any support you guys can give me
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Hi,

Faulty power connections to motherboard and other components can sometimes lead to this situation. Please follow the steps below and check if these steps resolve the issue:

1. Disconnect power cord from the SMPS and any peripherals attached to the computer.
2. Switch off the peripherals and then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. This will remove Flea Power from the computer.
3. Connect the power cord and other necessary peripherals and try to power on the computer. If the computer doesn't power on follow the next step.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 then remove the computer cover.
5. Re-seat all the power connections from the Power Supply (or SMPS) to all the components and to the motherboard.
6. Also re-seat the connections from power button to the motherboard.

Note: perform steps 4 to 6 only if you are comfortable to open the computer chassis and work with inner components comfortably else take a technician's help. Also refer to the "Service Manual" of the motherboard for safety instructions and steps to re-seat the power connections from the SMPS.

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell