Anti-thief lock

Closed
flopucky Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2013 - May 16, 2013 at 05:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 16, 2013 at 05:52 PM
I purchased my Dell inspiron last July for a University. I was set up & ready to go. I used it for classes. Went on Thanksgiving break & when I went back on the laptop it was fine when all of a sudden a screen came up & locked me out.
It has one paragraph stating I left it down for over two weeks & have lock me for anti-thief. It needs a code or password from the person who set it up.

For the last six months & have checked with the school & they don't get involved.
Sent it to 2 different Geek Squads & gave them the receipt & then could fix it.
I gave it to a personal computer co. with receipt & they could not fix.
I have call Dell, Inspiron, Intel, and about 30 different #'s. no resolve. they say they will transfer me & hangs up.
I want to send it back to Dell & have fix it & send it back to me. ??? don't know how.

Help Help Help Please.
Any one that can direct me to the right place I would be grateful.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 16, 2013 at 05:52 PM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove to anybody on this forum that you are the legitimate owner.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords#topedit

Best regards