Unable to boot

Closed
coolyash Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2013 - May 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
 MasterChiefHalo - May 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I have a Dell Studio 1558 laptop which was working fine and suddenly a day when i started the laptop the power light glows on and the screen also gets the power and nothing next, no logo screen, no loading, nothing further just a black blank screen. Plzz help any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 21, 2013 at 01:31 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) If are getting a black screen when you switched ON you laptop then

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

3) If you are getting a black screen after dell logo then check your hard drive in

CMOS settings. Make sure its detected and the first boot device is set to hard

drive. Also check your hard drive connections.

Good Luck
coolyash Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2013
May 23, 2013 at 05:20 AM
Hi!! thanks for the reply. I tried with battery and power plug still no display. I connected external monitor still no display because its not booting only pressing those keys has no effect. Its not booting therefore no question of hard drive settings since its not showing any logo or start up screen. I tried pressing D+power button together then its showing me different colour screens which means display is working properly. Please help further.
MasterChiefHalo
May 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
well if your able to take apart the laptop apart and see if anything might be melted or unplugged, i have had this issue before and one of the cables were melted. So try that and see how it works!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 22, 2013 at 05:21 AM
Hi coolyash,

In addition to the troubleshooting steps provided by jack4rall, please try the below mentioned steps and check if this fixes the problem:

1. Try to power on the computer using D + Power button to run test on LCD and check if you see any color patterns on the screen.
2. As mentioned in the link provided by jack4rall, check Video on external Monitor, if available.
3. If video is displayed on the external monitor and no video on the notebook LCD, this means the LCD has problem and needs to be replaced.
4. Sometimes connection between the motherboard and LCD can cause No Video. With the help of a technician try to re-seat the LCD cable. Click here to get the Service Manual to get steps on how to re-seat the LCD cable. Please go through "Before you begin" section before removing any internal components.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell