HELP! I MAY HAVE KILLED MY MEMORY MOTHERBOARD 3 LONG BEEPS

Solved/Closed
malicialove Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2013 - Jun 1, 2013 at 08:03 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 2, 2013 at 03:56 PM
I honestly dont know much about computers and so wanted to learn more and read somewhere that I need to clean the cpu once in a while. Mine was absolutely covered in clouds of dust. So I begun cleaning with a dry cloth and some compressed air. Then I put everything back together and my computer wouldnt start!!! Instead makes 3 long beeps, pauses and then beeps again endlessly until disconnected from the wall.
I read that 3 long beeps mean memory failure and so took the memory out without touching the metal prangs and put it back in and it wouldnt solve the problem!!! It keeps beeping.
I think I may have killed it because afterwards I read that you shouldnt do this with a carpeted floor and my floor is carpeted!!!!!! This freaks me out majorly because if this is were all the information is stored Im dead. I don-t have any backup of 8 years of my professional photographs!!! and more than 100 videos I-ve made!!!!. Please help me I'm in the verge of a breakdown.
Related:

2 responses

Thanks for your helpful answer but I just discovered that My Ram is JUST FINE.I did indeed panicked and couldn't notice that I wasn't pressing hard enough in the correct form to make it fit, I just kept pushing in the middle instead of one end at a time. I know, stupid. Much obliged.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 2, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Hello,
Good to hear that your issue got resolved. But its not one end at a time. Place the RAM, use your both hands thumb to push it and get it locked. Don't apply too much force. The right way to place the RAM is shown in the below hyperlink "RAM".
RAM
Good Luck