I cant open my exel .slxs files

Solved/Closed
srf91 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2013 - Jun 19, 2013 at 03:05 AM
 srf91 - Jun 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Hello,

am not able to open my exel files(office 2007) which are in .slxs formet. when am trying to open that file windows is showing this message:
windows cannot find help.vbs. please make sure you typed the name correctly.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Check the extension correctly. The extension of Excel 2007 is .xlsx
Files with .vbs contains malicious code. Check the extension once again.
Click on Start --> In search box, type control folders and press Enter.
[If you are using Windows XP then type control folders in Run and press Enter]
"Folder Options" will be opened. Click on the "View" tab.
Uncheck the check box "Hide extensions for the known file types" --> Click on "OK" button.
Now check the extension.
Later undo the changes you have made by once again going to "Folder Options" --> Click on "View" tab and click on "Restore Defaults" button --> Click on "OK".
Good Luck
THANK YOU for ur suggestion...
but still am not able to open my files windows is showing the message
windows cannot find the file help.vbs
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 19, 2013 at 04:40 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1)Right-click on that file --> Properties. Let me know the "Type of file" & "Open with".
2)Open Excel --> Save the file in excel 2007 format --> Close the excel application. Now try to open that saved application. Let me know if you are able to open the file.
Good Luck
file type: Shortcut (.lnk)
description: Windows Command Processor
am not getting "open with" option here...
Jun 20, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
It seems like the original files got hidden and you are trying to open the shortcuts created by malicious code. That's the reason why you are getting the error message. The .vbs file may have been deleted by your antivirus or got blocked.
Does all the files appears shortcuts? If possible take a snapshot of it and upload it to
https://authentification.site and paste the download url here.
Good Luck
Thanq so much for your suggestions... anyways I got the original file at last now am able to open that file...