Computer runs but no boot screen

Solved/Closed
visom Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2013 - Jul 6, 2013 at 01:27 AM
visom Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2013 - Jul 6, 2013 at 02:01 AM
Hello,
Today my computer was running hotter than usual due to the summer heat so I've decided to shut off the computer to plug in my side panel fan (which is usually unplugged because I hate the LED light).

After simply connecting the fan to the power cable, I turned on the computer and don't see a boot screen. It's as if the monitor is still sleeping but the entire computer is running. I've turned on and off the monitor and it just says "No DVI signal detected". I'm positive its not due to me connecting cables to the wrong spot since I only plugged in 1 cable... the fan cable.

Related:

2 responses

visom Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2013
Jul 6, 2013 at 01:28 AM
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. I don't have a spare GPU to test out at the moment.
visom Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2013
Jul 6, 2013 at 02:01 AM
I was able to resolve this problem. For anyone's reference, apparently it was the RAMs. I just removed each individual RAMs to find out the problem. How plugging in a side fan causing one of my RAMs to die? I have no clue.