Boot Faliure:System Halt

Closed
Etsuko steal ayumi Posts 12 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2013 - Jul 7, 2013 at 05:28 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 11, 2013 at 06:25 AM
Hello,
Hello,
I have a Dell dimension 440 and then i wanted to play a game called sims so i got a new video card! I got radeon 9700 video card and switched the my old video card with the radeon card! And then i turned on my computer screen. So then the computer beeps 3 times and the monitor has no signal! But then i figured out the beeping problem, i simply reseated the Ram. Then the computer still would load the monitor screen still no signal to monitor. Then, i took out the bios battery for 5 seconds and then put it back in. Then i put the jumper in slot 2 and 3 then it loaded up Bios Mode. So then in bios mode i cliked setup configuration then clocked saved and exit. It said "Turn off power and reinstall the jumper in normal mode position" so i did all that and then turned the pc back on and the screen became black and said "Boot Faliure:System Halt" something like that. I loaded the bios again! And pressed setup configuration and then the logo screen came up and it wouldnt let me press <f12> i would only tell me to press <Del> so i did and it went straight back to bios.-____-
Could someone please tell what is going on? I really dont get how all this crap happend just for putting a new video card in....

Related:

7 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 8, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Hi Etsuko steal ayumi,

As this problem started after clearing the CMOS using jumpers, the most probable cause of the problem might be the hard drive settings in BIOS. Load the BIOS Defaults and check if the computer Boots to Windows. If the problem still exists, try running Dell Diagnostics. Dell Diagnostics Utility is a hardware 32-bit diagnostic program that is shipped on the Dimension Resource CD. It can be launched by booting to the Resource CD.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Etsuko steal ayumi Posts 12 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2013 1
Jul 8, 2013 at 07:41 PM
I didnt get the CD :(
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 9, 2013 at 01:03 PM
Hi Etsuko steal ayumi,

You can run "Drive BIOS Quicktest" on Hard Drive by pressing "CTRL + ALT + D" during Dell Splash Screen. You must be quick when trying the keystrokes, if failed to load the tests try once more.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Etsuko steal ayumi Posts 12 Registration date Saturday July 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2013 1
Jul 9, 2013 at 04:25 PM
I really want to avoid CTRL + ALT + D because i dont want it to delete my files! I ave important files in my hard drive i dont want them gone :( that is the only reason why im trying to fix the pc because of my files...otherwise i wouldnt really care!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Hi Etsuko steal ayumi,

Please note the shortcut is "CTRL + ALT + D", this is no command to delete any files on the Hard Drive and your data will be safe if the Hard Drive is good (functional).

Jul 11, 2013 at 04:15 AM
Thank you or giving me the link to your site as well.^^
And i will try it! :o i hope it does not delete! Dx
Jul 11, 2013 at 06:25 AM
Hi Etsuko steal ayumi,

You can rest assured the data will not be deleted by using this command. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.