Outlook 2003 suddenly emails are not sending [Closed]

Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013
-
 Blocked Profile -
Running WindowsXP, Outlook 2003, RoadRunner ISP, AVG Security. Two days ago, my emails stopped being sent. I am able to receive okay. On my side it looks like all are sent (goes out of outbox, into sent message folder, AVG says scanning outgoing email, NO error messages, etc). But recipient never receives the email. I tried sending test messages to myself, same thing. I can send if I log into my account via webmail. I have not changed anything or done anything new. Called RR, they said call Microsoft. MS says my outlook is no longer supported but they can help me for $99! Can anyone here help me?

16 replies

Hang in there.

It sounds to me like you are not being authenticated. If you can log in to receive, and you do receive, but you cannot send, then the SMTP host is not authenticating your login. Recheck your account settings. Also, go to Roadrunner FAQ to verify the settings on their side.

Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

The SMTP host is correct. smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com / port 25. Checked all the account settings when I was on the phone with RR. All correct. I rechecked the account setting again now, all okay. As I said, as far as outlook is concerned, everything works correctly. No error messages, email not getting stuck in outbox or anything. Even in the tools email account settings, when I click "test account settings", it appears fine...just never receive the test email that it says it sent. Help.
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Try to delete all sent item and try to send again.
let me know.
Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

Deleted them all, still no good.
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Try to reset your account in outlook.
Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

I have tried deleting the account and re-entering it. Doesn't work. What do you mean "reset"?
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Reset mean that, make your e mail account synchronize with own server. so everything is fine.
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

Visited all those before posting. None of those solutions worked. I am not getting error messages nor are my emails stuck in the outbox, which seems to be the case in most other postings. I have tried changing the firewall, switching from HTML to Rich Text, clicking the log into incoming server option...all of those things and nothing has fixed it.
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Did you ever repaire your office out look? try to uninstall and reinstall and add your account again.
Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

I did a repair. No change.
My next try was going to be an uninstall and reinstall...kind of my last resort but was hoping to avoid it.
Guess I will have to though.
Registration date
Tuesday June 18, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 2, 2015
Ok the last way with my opinion, you try to add your account at other computer who has outlook so if it's working maybe your computer has some problem.
Regards,

If 25 does not work, try 587.

Also, you do not have any advanced settings set up?
Registration date
Thursday August 15, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 16, 2013

Unfortunately, I do not have another computer to test it on.
ac3mark - Tried 587 - no difference. No other advanced settings. Have also tried every variation on the Outgoing Server tab. None fixed the problem.
Blocked Profile
According to FAq you shouldnt have any advanced settings tab, so that is good. Hang tight, I am looking at some other stuff atm, but will get back.

Does browsing seem to function correclty?