Registration date
Thursday January 9, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 9, 2014
-
 Blocked Profile -
Hi

2 days ago the outlook 2007 stopped sending emails and the following error was shown when I tested account settings:
Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

My settings are:
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
Incoming server: 993 SSL
Outgoing server: 587 TLS

These were my settings and I never had a problem, but suddenly all users couldn't send emails anymore from outlook 2007 even thought we are still receiving.
I appreciate if anyone can help on this issue.

Thank you,

2 replies

This error can be fixed by changing the default SMTP port on Mac outlook to do so follow these steps-
1. Go to outlook > preferences > Accounts
2. Select your affected account
3. Check the box " Override default Port" under outgoing server setting
5. Change the default port to 587
?
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3965 users have said thank you to us this month

Blocked Profile
What an excellent idea, check your port, just as indicated over 5 months ago.
didn't work for me. frustrating.
Blocked Profile > buz
what part didn't work for you?

What errors have you witnessed?

Ok, the easiest way to check to see if it is settings, or logging in with correct info, is to go to the email providers web portal and log in. If you can log in using the portla, then you know that the user name and password are correct, it would then be the cleint administration in outlook.

Make certain you are using SSL.

"If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port (465 or 587)."

Ok, now something that you may have to do, is authenticate againt your ISP SMTP server, in that case, you must use your ISP configuration and login.