Registration date
Friday August 16, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 19, 2013
-
 dizzy26 -
Hello,

Since yesterday afternoon I have not been able to attach any files to any e-mail forum. In Outlook it actually shuts down and says that Internet Explorer has stopped working. In yahoo it just sits and tries to attach but is never able, in all other forums it freezes the computer. There was an update just a few days ago, is this the problem and how do I quickly solve this for business?

Thanks

3 replies

Hang in there. Have you ran a virus scan? Run a virus scan and post back.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3538 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Friday August 16, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 19, 2013

It will not let me downgrade to IE 9, it shuts down, it also would not let me install the service pack that is recommended for it. It shut down. How do you remove IE? It is not listed in programs, is it possible to remove completely and reinstall?
OMG we are having the same problem (IE - A problem caused program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available.) This is what we get from IE>>

We have IE10

Please help
Blocked Profile
Good afternoon!

Go to your updates in the Control panel, and remove the IE 10. It will then downgrade to 9 and everything will be fine!

Have fun!
Blocked Profile
It is removable from your updates listing in...
Add and Remove software....Windows Updates....

I am sorry what OS?
Registration date
Friday August 16, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 19, 2013

My operating system is Windows 7 and I found no way to delete or uninstall IE from my computer by any of your suggestions oddly enough. It is just not listed under anything. So strange that its not there. It will not let me override it by installing again, it just says you already have this installed. So I am simply stuck at this point.
Got the same problem. I reverted to IE9 & wasn't able to print online tickets (unless could save as pdf). As soon as I reinstalled IE10 I could print, but back to the not able to attach files - think I might try Firefox now.
I have the same issue on a clients computer. When I try to attach a file in hotmail (using IE10) it crashes. It works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome. The client wants to keep using IE. Please, please, please help!
Blocked Profile
@ethan0....

Go to control pane, add remove programs, view updates link...uncheck IE 10 and it will remove it and go back to 9. I have done this on everyone of my Windows7 machines already, as one day my intranet wasnt displaying, or taking "tokens", and When I went to each one, they all had taken the update frm the night before. Try to revert to 9 and that will fix it I am confident.
I went to "Add or Remove Programs", there was no tab called "windows update tab". I click the "Turn Windows features on or off" tab, and unchecked the IE 10 folder. Was this correct?
Blocked Profile
Ok, from control panel..add and remove programs, view updates. It is on let hand side right above the box you checked. Once that window list is done populating, you will be able to see IE10 and unistall it.
THANKS! This worked! I will alert the client, and see if she is okay with the downgarde. I'm sure she will be. Thanks, again!
I don't want to be in a situation where I can't print stuff, which uninstalling does. My daughter suggested that I send files to www.wetransfer.com which is a free site & this seems to work well. Microsoft know this is an issue & will hopefully update with a fix in time to come.

Thanks for your suggestions.