Cannot attach files to OE hotmail, yahoo, gmail

Closed
jljensen70 Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013 - Aug 16, 2013 at 09:11 AM
 dizzy26 - Aug 20, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Hello,

Since yesterday afternoon I have not been able to attach any files to any e-mail forum. In Outlook it actually shuts down and says that Internet Explorer has stopped working. In yahoo it just sits and tries to attach but is never able, in all other forums it freezes the computer. There was an update just a few days ago, is this the problem and how do I quickly solve this for business?

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2013 at 09:16 AM
Hang in there. Have you ran a virus scan? Run a virus scan and post back.
jljensen70 Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 at 09:19 AM
Yes I have run a virus scan, that was the first thing I did. I ran a full scan with Norton. I also disabled the Silverlight as suggested in many of your forums with people having the same problem. I had no change.
Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Run another virus scan from Trendmicro- housecall.trendmicro.com.
Have you looked into SPybot or CCleaner? They may find something that Norton did not.
jljensen70 Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I read some other things and one way that worked is downloading Firefox and using that as my browser worked. I'm not sure what the problem is with internet Explorer and I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas I could find through Microsoft, IE and on sites like this. There are a lot of people out there with the problem and I haven't seen one yet with an absolute resolution listed besides downloading another browser like Firefox.
Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2013 at 02:37 PM
OK, the problem is with IE? What version? If you took the latest version 10, then downgrade it to 9 and it will work.
Aug 16, 2013 at 04:12 PM
It will not let me downgrade to IE 9, it shuts down, it also would not let me install the service pack that is recommended for it. It shut down. How do you remove IE? It is not listed in programs, is it possible to remove completely and reinstall?
Got the same problem. I reverted to IE9 & wasn't able to print online tickets (unless could save as pdf). As soon as I reinstalled IE10 I could print, but back to the not able to attach files - think I might try Firefox now.
I have the same issue on a clients computer. When I try to attach a file in hotmail (using IE10) it crashes. It works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome. The client wants to keep using IE. Please, please, please help!
Blocked Profile
Aug 20, 2013 at 02:44 PM
@ethan0....

Go to control pane, add remove programs, view updates link...uncheck IE 10 and it will remove it and go back to 9. I have done this on everyone of my Windows7 machines already, as one day my intranet wasnt displaying, or taking "tokens", and When I went to each one, they all had taken the update frm the night before. Try to revert to 9 and that will fix it I am confident.
I went to "Add or Remove Programs", there was no tab called "windows update tab". I click the "Turn Windows features on or off" tab, and unchecked the IE 10 folder. Was this correct?
Blocked Profile
Aug 20, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Ok, from control panel..add and remove programs, view updates. It is on let hand side right above the box you checked. Once that window list is done populating, you will be able to see IE10 and unistall it.
THANKS! This worked! I will alert the client, and see if she is okay with the downgarde. I'm sure she will be. Thanks, again!
I don't want to be in a situation where I can't print stuff, which uninstalling does. My daughter suggested that I send files to www.wetransfer.com which is a free site & this seems to work well. Microsoft know this is an issue & will hopefully update with a fix in time to come.

Thanks for your suggestions.