Cleaned the fan of Compaq Presario c700, now monitor stays black

Closed
Thespottedone Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 - Sep 11, 2013 at 07:02 PM
Hello, my laptop had been humming loudly and overheating so I decided to disassemble it and clean the fan, after it was suggested that cleaning might help. Well, I could only get the keyboard off, not the top cover, because of some very firm screws. So I cleaned the fan the best I could with a small brush and put my laptop back together again. I had not been as careful as I had thought, because when I was done, I found this small circular part, one side metal and one side plastic, with a hole in the middle, on the floor, that I have no idea where it came from.

Now when I turn on my laptop, all the lights work and you can hear the start up sound, but the monitor stays black.

Thank you all in advance.

Related:

1 response

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Sep 11, 2013 at 07:02 PM
strip it down to the bare essentials, and check if the cable from the screen is seated properly, and you might even see where the part came from.