Hello..yesterday the top row of numbers (except 5& 6) plus the backspace key and the "p" key stopped working. The side number keys the 3 &4 dont work. I've tried everything cleaning them turning it off and on, replaving the battery. It's no use. I have been trying since.last night. Any help would be apprrciated. Thanks!
With permission I would like to add a few steps. Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS).
2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults and clear NVRAM (if available).
3. Shut down the computer and disconnect power sources (if laptop Battery, AC Adapter) and external devices.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
5. Re-connect the power source and power on the computer.
6. Start tapping the F8 key and boot to the Safe Mode.
7. In the "Safe Mode" press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
8. Run dialog box will be displayed.
9. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
10. Expand "Keyboards", right click the listed keyboard(s) and select "Uninstall".
11. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
12. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.
Note: you will find steps to perform steps 1-2 in the Manual of the laptop.