Linkysys N Router 1 GB

Closed
smn442 - Feb 24, 2009 at 09:48 AM
 smn442 - Feb 25, 2009 at 02:07 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased a Lynksis N wireless router. I followed all of the security steps when setting up the router. My desk tops with USB G wireless cards can connect to the Lynksis and with a slight time delay (2-3 minutes), teh USB Cards can get an IP address and the system works. The Dell 1525 lap top that I have can connect to the Lynksys router, but can not pull an IP address. If I plug the laptop into the router, the lap top will connect via the LAN and will pull an IP via the internal wireless card. After the lap top gets the IP, I can unplug the laptop and use the wireless fine until I shut the system down. The lap top worked fine with the Lynksys Wireless B router that I had previously.
Related:

2 responses

melmel.cz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009
Feb 25, 2009 at 04:50 AM
hi,
try this to get the IP address:
>start
>run
>cmd
>ipconfig
I probably could have explained this a little better. The wireless can not access the internet - when the system logs on or connects to the Lynksys - the software alerts that the lap top is connected to the router, then the next message is renewing IP address - this is where the lap top stops.