Watching movies on my tv while useing my laptop

Solved/Closed
nickoteen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2013 - Oct 16, 2013 at 05:24 AM
 Stan - Feb 27, 2016 at 08:29 PM
ive conected my laptop to my flat screen tv wif a hdmi lead , both screens working together ....
my question is .....can I watch movies in my TV but still use my laptop to surf the internet ...if so can you tell me what settings thay are thx....
Related:

2 responses

nickoteen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2013 34
Oct 16, 2013 at 05:29 PM
ok thk u
Yes you can do that.

You have to connect tv and laptop with a HDMI cable and use the option ''Extension for the screen (do this from your laptop).

Once you done this you can watch a movie playing from your laptop while using your laptop for other things (internet for example).

So, all in all what this option does is to make to screen for your laptop. You start your movie on your laptop and afterwards you just drag it out of the screen towards the right side (the next screen for the tv is located on the right side of your laptops screen) . Its like having your laptop next to your tv's screen from the left and the screens are connected together, so you can drag your mouse right and it will continue moving through the tv's screen once it has passed the laptops end of the screen.

Hope this helps a little, just try it out!
Under what menu is, "extension for the screen?"
Thanks,