How can I connect my laptop with broken screen to tv? [Closed]

-
 Blocked Profile -
Hello,

I have a serious problem. I have a laptop (HP Probook 6560b) with a broken screen, I am only able to see the right corner with some flikkering. I tried to hook it op to my tv via VGA. It didn't work, in the right corner a message popped up and said that I couldn't project on the tv because of wrong graphics card driver. And ofcourse I can't install the correct one because I can't see anything on the screen. What can I do to fix this??

Thanks.

3 replies

You may need to change the video mode of the laptop, to a mode that the TV can pick up. I understand your screen is broken, but a physical problem is hard to overcome! If you can get to the control panel, and set the screen mode to a different setting and try it again. Keep trying different modes until it displays.

BTW, what OS?
Hi, thanks for responding!

I'm on windows 10. Unfortunatly I am not able to change video mode.
Blocked Profile
You can try to connect it, and hit WINDOWS KEY+P, then press down arrow key one time, then hit enter, and see what happens! It should duplicate the screens.
It won't let me. I can barely make out on the right corner a message that basicly says that i need to install the correct graphics card driver or you might want to use a different graphics card. Thanks for the respons!
I found a solution! I disconnected the display from the motherboard and i connected a screen via vga. When I restarted the laptop the screen automaticly switched to he external screen. Still thanks for all the replies!

Well, try a different external monitor or tv. Maybe that one will allow a connection. Then you cold try to change modes.

Good job on that. that would make sense, the hardware will try to find its best match!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!