Dell inspiron 1525 Microphn not working during skype

Closed
Prav@ Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2013 - Oct 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 17, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Hello,
Microphone is not working i tried all tips from internet suggestions but the problem is same.please tell me from where i can get the sound card for my Dell inspiron 1525 window 7 version.thank you.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 17, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Hi Prav@,

You can try installing Windows Vista 32-bit Audio Drivers if your computer has Windows 7 32-bit Operating System. If the drivers don't work, please reply with the Device Instance ID of your Audio Card. To get the Device Instance ID:

1. Press and hold the Windows Key and then press the R key on the keyboard to launch Run Dialog Box.
2. Type "devmgmt.msc" and hit "Enter".
3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers" and check what device is listed here. If the sound card is not listed here, expand the "Unknown Devices" and check.
4. Double click the listed Audio Card.
5. Click the "Details" tab.
6. Select Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id (whichever is available for your version of Windows) from the drop down box.

Make a note of the Device Instance Path or Device Instance ID and add this in your reply.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.