CD-R Disk won't read at all

Solved/Closed
Sandy - Feb 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM
 Ley - Oct 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM
Hello,
I have been putting data on a CD-R disk since 2008 and all of a sudden it won't read in my computer (laptop). Nothing will come up. I have been viewing this data for months so I know there's something on it. And by the same token, the CD player plays all the other disks that I use which leads me to believe it's not the computer. Any input you have on this problem will be greatly appreciated. The disk is a intricate part of my job.

1 response

Fix problems in which your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

This page has an ActiveX tool called Automated Troubleshooting Services which will run and fix the disk problems. After running it, I was able to read my CDs & DVDs. I believe it fixed the UDF drivers so the drives would properly recognize discs containing UDF. I am running XP Pro SP3.
Rock on! This was a big help!
my laptop just wont recognize CD-R discs .....all the sudden.......it plays and burns DVD-R & DVD-RW discs ok................wat da hell...........whos technical enough to answer that huh....
i had same problem untill I tried what john said and now its working fine again....thanks john
This was a huge help, thankyou :D
great! it works!